Maintaining state and local tax compliance can be extremely difficult, especially when you're not 100% certain if you're exposed or required to file in certain states. There are a large number of scenarios that could lead to you needing to file tax returns in multiple states. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you relocate out of state?
- Do you own rental properties or vacation homes in other states?
- Do you have oil or real estate investments?
- Do you travel often for work?
- Are you an owner or a partner in a business with out of state operations?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have additional state filing requirements besides that of your home state. Conlon & Company can help you to maintain tax compliance, avoid costly penalties, optimize state tax credits and determine the best possible course of action for you to create wealth and minimize your tax. We are proudly experts in multistate taxation with nearly 25% of our clients residing outside of our home state of New York.
Contact us today at (585)328-4990 or email to speak with one of our tax professional to see how we can help you!